OUR VOLUNTEER ROLES
- Adult Befriender | Offering low-level support and guidance to carers and family members, usually at the end of their structured support programme.
- Child & Young Person Befriender | Working with children and young people, offering informal/low-level support.
- Group Meet & Greet | Helping to facilitate our children and adult group meetings, workshops and support groups.
- Volunteer Advocate | Accompanying individuals to meetings, appointments, counselling sessions or providing encouragement in everyday situations they may find stressful.
- Explore Family Representative | Attending meetings (where appropriate) on our behalf, to discuss the work of Explore Family and the services we offer.
- Information Display Stand Staff | Helping to run our display stands and help to provide information to communities at events and within support settings.
If you feel you would like to make a difference to people’s lives and have some spare time each week, you may want to consider volunteering with us.
Once our clients have received structured support from our qualified staff, out trained volunteers are there to help in a number of ways – from meeting for a coffee and a chat, attending appointments, or helping at our support groups or children’s activities.
ALL OUR VOLUNTEERS RECEIVE
- Full Induction & Training
- An Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Services Check (DBS)
- All Travel Expenses & Costs